There is a lot going on in the legal industry these days.
And while much of the talk is about Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity at the moment, we all know that technological progress isn't limited to just one practice area.
We at Counsel On Call are certainly using the latest tech in pretty much everything we do, from due diligence to compliance work to contracts management. We're also really excited about some of the results we're seeing using TAR 2.0 tools (true computer learning with AI-type functionality) and the business intelligence these platforms are helping us deliver to our clients.
It's always important to keep up with the thoughts and stories in these areas. We're hosting our Client Advisory Board next week in Atlanta, and some of the topics we're tackling are represented in the articles below. We thought it would be helpful to share some of what we've been reading the last few months.
- ACC is all in on legal operations: the association's first chair of its ops section explains why
- A conversation with Mary O'Carroll, Head of Legal Operations at Google
- More Companies Consolidate Outside Legal Work: LexisNexis Report
- Legal Education's Other Challenge: Retraining Practicing Lawyers For A New Marketplace
Legal Services Model
- Corporate Procurement is Increasingly Leveraging Data & Tech in Selecting Outside Counsel
- Legaltech 2017: Announcements, AI, And The Future Of Law
- IBM's Watson Makes New Inroads Into Legal With Discovery, Business Research Offerings
Technology in Legal
- DSiQ: Better Data, Access and Business Intelligence
- Inside the 'Robot Review': 3 Trends Defining the Artificial Intelligence Contract Market
- Understanding Emerging Legal Technology and How Lawyers Will Use It
- Managing Litigation and Benchmarking Through Big Data
- Behind the Tech: E-discovery Data Scientist Discusses Future of AI, Document Review
- Is Big Law Finally Ready For Trans-Atlantic Consolidation?
- Business Strategy, Tech Become Bigger Focus for Some GCs in Europe